The following is a high-level quarterly roadmap of the second phase of the Documenting the Now project. It will get fleshed out over time as the work proceeds. If you have questions or comments please ask over in Slack or by adding an issue to the issue tracker here on GitHub. If you have a specific suggestion for the roadmap, you can also send us a draft pull request.
Our weekly development calls are mostly us catching up on Trello tickets in the last iteration. But we do have open calls the first Monday of every month at 2PM ET. The purpose of these calls is to socialize some of the things we are working on more widely and to hear from you in a less formal setting. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to join these calls.
10/2018 - 12/2018
- Hiring and onboarding
- Shift and UVa subcontracts
- Establish meeting schedules and team collaboration spaces
01/2019 - 03/2019
- Tweet Viewer: A simple viewer for tweet id datasets collected with the DocNow application.
- Mukurtu Architecture/Installation: Setup and configure an instance of Mukurtu on Reclaim Hosting for use in activist community workshops.
- DocNow Infrastructure (Terraform): Easily provision and configure the DocNow application in the cloud (AWS).
04/2019 - 06/2019
- View Tweets/Users: Provide DocNow views for exploring the tweets and users that have been collected. e.g. the first tweeets collected, most retweeted, most commented...
- Conversation: Research, design & prototyping work on how the DocNow application can mediate converstations between the analyst (archivist/researcher) and content creators around consent/donation.
07/2019 - 09/2019
- DocNow - Implement Conversation Design
- DocNow - Repository Deposit
- DocNow - Usability Testing
10/2019 - 12/2019
- Catalog - Convert from Static Site to Web App
- DocNow - Updates from testing
- Catalog Design
01/2020 - 03/2020
- Implement Catalog
- Harvester (collect datasets from DocNow instances)
04/2020 - 06/2020
- Hydrator/Catalog Integration
07/2020 - 09/2020
- Archive Generation (Hydrator)
- Static Export (Catalog)
10/2020 - 12/2020
- Hydrator/Catalog Usability Testing
- Plan Mukurtu Transfers
01/2021 - 03/2021
- Hydrator / Catalog - updates from testing
- Mukurtu Transfers
- Catalog Static Export