This repository contains a script for preparing a development machine for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations by installing additional tools and configuring the operating system automatically. The script does the following:
- Azure PowerShell
- Azure Command Line Interface (CLI)
- d365fo.tools, PowerShell commands for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- dbatools, PowerShell commands for T-SQL
- Ola Hallengren's SQL maintenance solution
- Sysinternals tools
- WinMerge comparison tool
Integrations/Interface Testing Utilities
- Rebuilds/Reorganizes SQL Server indexes on all databases
- Defragments the disk (vhd)
- Configures Windows Updates
- Creates a logoff link on the desktop
- Disables Bing search results
- Disables Cortana
- Disables Windows telemetry
- Removes Metro apps on Windows 10
- Sets power settings to high performance
- Sets some privacy settings
- Updates PowerShell command line help
Before running this script, you should create the VM, either using LCS or the VHD, and start the environment. The first hour may be Windows Updates and the "antimalware" executable doing a virus scan on the drive. Once that has completed (possible reboot required), run the following command to execute the PowerShell script on the VM:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodiggitydag/D365FO-Prepare-D365DevelopmentMachine/master/Prepare-D365DevelopmentMachine.ps1'))
Please record any problems encountered as issues to this repository. Occasionally the tool used for automatic installations, Chocolately, will have an invlalid link to the installer for the software. This is nothing we can change, however, it can be reported to the Chocolately project team.
Contributions are Encouraged
There are several ways to contribute or give thanks:
A. Fork this repository, commit the necessary changes to your forked repository, then issue a pull request. This will notify me to review the changes, test them, and incorporate them into the main script.
B. Comment on the blog post at Calafell.me. I will evaluate the suggestion and incorporate into the script.
C. Tweet me at @dodiggitydag.