Configuring the Bios settings
Actual Installation - Part 1
Go into Bios and configure these settings:
- XHCI Handoff: Enabled (if applicable, some may not have this option)
- EHCI Handoff: Enabled (if applicable, some may not have this option)
- OS Type: Other (if applicable)
- Secure Boot: Disabled (refer to google or your motherboard's manual on how to disable it)
- Legacy/CSM support: Disabled [if you see a garbled screen, enable this](You may need to disable it by disabling Windows 10 WHQL support.)
- AHCI mode: SATA
Some more configurations:
- If you have an nVidia/AMD GPU:
- NO DISPLAY is connected to the motherboard's DP/HDMI/VGA/DVI ports
- Under System Agent (SA) [or some other menu], Graphics Settings, Main Display: PEG or PCIE
- Disable anything like Hybrid Graphics, Dual Graphics, DVMT size, APU... that are related to integrated graphics.
- If you have Intel iGPU:
- Make sure your DVMT pre-alloc (not to be confused with DVMT size), is set to 64MB (or higher, 64 is enough), DMVT size/apertures/whatever, to the max.