###bitcoin done right
This is the Android port of the breadwallet iOS app, which can be found here.
#####a completely standalone bitcoin wallet:
Unlike many other bitcoin wallets, breadwallet is a real standalone bitcoin client. There is no server to get hacked or go down, so you can always access your money. Using SPV mode, breadwallet connects directly to the bitcoin network with the fast performance you need on a mobile device.
#####the next step in wallet security:
breadwallet is designed to protect you from malware, browser security holes, even physical theft. With AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing, and verified boot, breadwallet represents a significant security advance over web and desktop wallets.
Simplicity is breadwallet's core design principle. A simple backup phrase is
all you need to restore your wallet on another device if yours is ever lost or
broken. Because breadwallet is
deterministic, your balance and transaction history can be recovered from just your backup phrase.
- "simplified payment verification" for fast mobile performance
- no server to get hacked or go down
- single backup phrase that works forever
- private keys never leave your device
- import password protected paper wallets
- "payment protocol" payee identity certification
##How to set up the development environment:
- Download and install Java 7 or up
- Download and Install the latest Android studio
- Download and install the latest NDK https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html or download it in android studio by "choosing the NDK" and press "download"
- Go to https://github.co/hodlwallet/breadwallet-android and clone or download the project
- Open the project with Android Studio and let the project sync
- Go to SDK Manager and download all the SDK Platforms and SDK Tools
- Initialize the submodules -
git submodule init
- Update the submodules -
git submodule update
- Build -> Rebuild Project