Provides out of the box authentication strategies for:
- HTTP Basic - sole or negotiated
- HTTP Digest - sole or negotiated
- Facebook connect (OAuth 2)
- Github (OAuth 2)
- Yahoo (OAuth 1.0A)
- Twitter (OAuth 1.0)
- RPXNow / janrain SSO
- BitBucket ( thanks to simplegeo )
- Foursquare (thanks to http://github.com/stunti)
- Custom OAuth Provider Strategy (Be your own 1.0A OAuth provider!) (A Port of Christian Amor Kvalheim's express-oauth-plugin)
Running with npm
% npm install connect-auth % node examples/connect-testing.js
Edit /etc/hosts to include the following entry
% grep twit /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 testtwitter.com
For basic auth
% open http://localhost:3000
For twitter auth
% open http://localhost:3000/twitter
- 0.2.3 Added support for BitBucket (Thanks simplegeo) Fixed bug introduced in 0.2.2 when dealing with strategies that 'fail'
- 0.2.2 Added index.js ( Pau Ramon Revilla ) to root folder for easier inclusion Added support for SSO with http://t.sina.com.cn/ ( Danny Siu ) Added hd query parameter to allow Google Hosted Domain for google sSO strategy ( Olmo Maldonado ) Adds prelimenary support for the new HTTP MAC authentication scheme as defined by RFC-to-be: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-oauth-v2-mac-token ( Eran Hammer-Lahav ) Added support for SSO with google (not using OpenId, but OAuth, so an intermediary approach) (Masahiro Hayashi) Twitter strategy now supports OAuth Callback Urls (Ben Marvell) Added option 'isAutoRespond' to handle authentication errors by the application with the HTTP Schemes. (Eran Hammer-Lahav) Support for 'scoped' users (aka multiple con-current authentications) (Logan Aube)
- 0.2.1 Removed dead file that was seemingly breaking nDistro
Realm parameter now ignored in the Authorization header for the OAuth Provider strategy (Wade Simmons)
Strategies can now be written that do not require the session middleware.
Added in new strategy that allows your authentication strategy to be a custom OAuth provider.
New simplified configuration (connect idiomatic) of strategies implemented.