Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::TestingMania - test your dist with every testing plugin conceivable
This plugin bundle collects all the testing plugins for Dist::Zilla which exist (and are not deprecated). This is for the most paranoid people who want to test their dist seven ways to Sunday.
Simply add the following near the end of
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Compile, which performs tests to syntax check your dist.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Perl::Critic, which checks your code against best practices. See Test::Perl::Critic and Perl::Critic for details.
You can set a perlcritic config file:
[@TestingMania] critic_config = perlcriticrc
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::DistManifest, which tests
MANIFESTfor correctness. See Test::DistManifest for details.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::EOL, which ensures the correct line endings are used (and also checks for trailing whitespace). See Test::EOL for details.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Version, which tests that your dist has version numbers, and that they are valid. See Test::Version for exactly what that means.
You can set
has_version, and they'll be passed through to
the plugin as
has_version respectively. See the
documentation of Test::Version for a description of these options.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Kwalitee, which performs some basic kwalitee checks. Kwalitee is an automatically-measurable guage of how good your software is. It bears only a superficial resemblance to the human-measurable guage of actual quality. See Test::Kwalitee for a description of the tests.
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::MetaTests, which performs some extra tests on
META.yml. See Test::CPAN::Meta for what that means.
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::CPAN::Meta::JSON, which performs some extra tests
META.json, if it exists. See Test::CPAN::Meta::JSON for what that means.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::MinimumVersion, which tests for the minimum required version of perl. See Test::MinimumVersion for details, including limitations.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::MojibakeTests, which tests for the correct source/documentation character encoding.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::NoTabsTests, which ensures you don't use The Evil Character. See Test::NoTabs for details. If you wish to exclude this plugin, see "Disabling Tests".
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::PodCoverageTests, which checks that you have Pod documentation for the things you should have it for. See Test::Pod::Coverage for what that means.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::PodSyntaxTests, which checks that your Pod is well-formed. See Test::Pod and perlpod for details.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Portability, which performs some basic tests to ensure portability of file names. See Test::Portability::Files for what that means.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Synopsis, which does syntax checking on the code from your SYNOPSIS section. See Test::Synopsis for details and limitations.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::UnusedVars, which checks your dist for unused variables. See Test::Vars for details.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::Pod::LinkCheck, which checks the links in your POD. See Test::Pod::LinkCheck for details.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::CPAN::Changes, which checks your changelog for conformance with CPAN::Changes::Spec. See Test::CPAN::Changes for details.
dist.ini if you don't use
[@TestingMania] changelog = CHANGELOG
To exclude a testing plugin, specify them with
[@TestingMania] disable = Test::DistManifest disable = Test::Kwalitee
This pluginbundle may have some testing plugins that aren't enabled by default. This option allows you to turn them on. Attempting to add plugins which are not listed above will have no effect.
To enable a testing plugin, specify them in
[@TestingMania] enable = Test::Compile
The project homepage is http://metacpan.org/release/Dist-Zilla-PluginBundle-TestingMania/.
The latest version of this module is available from the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN). Visit http://www.perl.com/CPAN/ to find a CPAN site near you, or see https://metacpan.org/module/Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::TestingMania/.
The development version is on github at http://github.com/doherty/Dist-Zilla-PluginBundle-TestingMania and may be cloned from git://github.com/doherty/Dist-Zilla-PluginBundle-TestingMania.git
BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
You can make new bug reports, and view existing ones, through the web interface at https://github.com/doherty/Dist-Zilla-PluginBundle-TestingMania/issues.
Mike Doherty email@example.com
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Mike Doherty.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.