Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
DXVK_HUD=apioption to show the D3D feature level used by the application. Does not work correctly for D3D10 at the moment (#705)
- The device filter now matches substrings rather than the full device name, which may help if the device name changes after driver updates on RADV (PR #921)
- Minor performance improvement on RADV by generating better shader code.
- Minor improvements to CPU overhead in some scenarios.
- Potentially improved frame time consistency on Nvidia in some games
- If available, the
VK_EXT_memory_budgetextensions are now used to improve behaviour under memory pressure and to report available VRAM to applications more accurately, respectively.
- The state cache directory will now be created if it does not exist yet (#907)
- Resident Evil 2: Enabled new
d3d11.relaxedBarriersoption to improve performance by up to 10% in GPU-limited scenarios. Note that enabling this option for other games can cause issues.
- Fixed various minor issues where certain required Vulkan device features would not be enabled
- Fixed rare issue where clearing multiple render targets does not work correctly if their size does not match
- Fixed major performance regression on proprietary AMD driver introduced in previous releases.
- Fixed invalid SPIR-V shaders causing Unreal Engine 4 games to appear yellow on the AMD proprietary driver.
- Far Cry 3 / 4 / Blood Dragon: Fixed lighting artifacts around buildings on some GPUs.
- Far Cry Primal: Fixed weird rendering issues that would occur on some systems
- Final Fantasy XIV: Added workaround for division-by-zero issue causing artifacts (#904)
- Heroes of the Storm: Fixed lighting issues on some objects (#777)
- Monster Hunter World: Fixed invalid SPIR-V shader causing crashes on the Nvidia 418.43 driver (#930)
- Overwatch: Implemented proper fix for shadow issues using the new
VK_EXT_depth_clip_enableextension. The current workaround will remain active in case the extension is not supported.
New setup script
The winetricks verb that came with previous DXVK releases was replaced by a bash script to overcome some limitations. That way, users can now choose to use DXVK either with Wine's DXGI implementation or the one that comes with DXVK, see the Wiki for details on when this is useful.
Additionally, the new script also provides an option install the DXVK DLLs as symbolic links rather than copying the files, which may make updating DXVK for multiple wine prefixes easier provided that the location of the actual files isn't changed. Please refer to the Readme for usage instructions.