Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed some build system warnings with newer Meson versions.
- CPU-based Vulkan implementations such as Lavapipe will now always be enumerated last. This should avoid issues on systems without a dedicated GPU where games could potentially default to a CPU rasterizer.
- Optimized image layout transitions, which may improve performance on Intel GPUs in some games.
- D3D9: Improved performance of texture uploads and occlusion queries in some cases.
- D3D9: Fixed an issue where supported back buffer formats would be reported incorrectly.
- DXGI: Enabled multi-monitor support. This requires a relatively recent Wine version with XRandR 1.4 support to work correctly.
- D3D11: Fixed a number of reference counting issues that could potentially lead to stability issues (PR #1887, PR ##1888).
- D3D11: Improved correctness of NaN handling in shaders with
VK_KHR_shader_float_controls, and removed most app workarounds setting
d3d11.enableRtOutputNanFixupby default on older RADV versions.
d3d11.invariantPositionoption by default to fix common Z-fighting issues, especially on RDNA2 GPUs.
- Atelier Ryza 2: Added workaround for video playback breaking D3D11 rendering, like in other games of the series.
- Battle Engine Aquila: Fixed broken textures (PR #1759).
- Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Work around out-of-memory issues on startup.
- Everquest: Work around performance issues.
- F1 2018/2020: Work around broken compute shaders causing artifacts on AMD drivers, similar to F1 2019 (#1897).
- Hitman 3: Work around AMDAGS issues on AMD GPUs similar to Hitman 2 (PR #1909).
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 2: Fixed rendering issues (#1922).
- Nioh 2: Work around black screen issues.
- Tomb Raider Legend: Work around performance issues (#1685).