misc material i use with notmuch mail indexer
my personal “extensions” around notmuch mail indexer that are too specific to be added to http://notmuchmail.org/ wiki, with additional scripts that aren't feasible to be stored to the wiki.
- the address completion provider i use to get list of email addresses from where email addresses is selected when sending emails.
- the address completion tool i use to complete email addresses when sending emails.
- send mail from e.g. following mailto: link in web browsers, using notmuch emacs client.
xdg-emailwith this (by putting this as
$PATHbefore the system one) so that nottoomuch-emacs-mailto is used as the mailer.
- the fetchmail startup script i use to get it configured as required and to see that startup succeeded (failures due to incorrect password etc).
the mail delivery agent i uset to get mails delivered from fetchmail to target directories. mails are finally delivered to subdirs whose first 2 characters are 2 first hexdigits of the md5sum of the file contents and the file name is rest 30 hexdigits of the file md5sum.
- access notmuch on remote machine using ssh without passwordless login requirement.
- i like to have the notmuch emacs byte-compiled file available as a one
file which is easy to carry along. this script combines all notmuch .el
files together (with minor adjustments) in suitable order for
byte-compilation as one file to succeed. the final
one-notmuch.elcis somewhat smaller than all notmuch
.elcfiles separately and may even load a bit faster. i've been using this for quite a long time and have not had problems -- but ymmv with your different setup in case trying this option.
in addition to master branch i have dogfood branch where stuff may not be as polished as in master, and df-yymm branch(es) with same file content as dogfood branch. see branches.txt for more information.
i accept patches in links to commit id, as pull requests and as in patch emails provided by git-format-patch (and git-send-email). i probably cherry-pick / rebase any stuff received instead of merging (and possibly do minor amends) so any pull requests made are to be manually closed.
see also branches.txt for reasons tho choose master or df-yymm branch as a (re)base branch...
too ät iki dot fi