A Professors repository built on top of PopIt.
This project in a very early stage of development.
Try the live demo on http://gsoc12-profs.devtation.de/.
This webapp fully relies on PopIt as the provider fo the data. This means you need to have a running PopIt installation or use a provided installation.
Apart from that you'll need the following software on your server (for deployment) or computer (for development).
- (optional) Virtualenv with virtualenvwrapper
Make sure you have instaled the required software.
git clone git://github.com/domoritz/Professors.git
git submodule init
git submodule update
- At this point you might want to create a virtual environment (developers should prefer virtualenvwrapper)
virtualenv --distribute venv
python setup.py develop
Contiue here for production setup
pip install gunicorn
- Change the
production.inifile to your needs.
pserve --daemon production.ini
Contiue here for development setup
- Change the
development.inifile to your needs.
pserve --reload development.ini
Make sure that you use the right case.
- name: The professors name.
- summary: A short summary of the professors field of study and other things that do not match the attributes below.
- other.University: The university where the professor works.
- other.Study: The professor's field of study.
- other."Place of Birth": The place of birth will be linked to the place.
- other."Nationality": The place of birth will be linked to the place.
- links: An array of link items consisting of a comment and an url
- contact_details: An array of contact details consisting of a kind and a value
Notes for developers
There is a libs folder in
/profs/ which contains a git submodule with a reference to the python wrapper for the popit API. The original repository can be found on github. So don't forget to init and update the submodule.
Run the tests
python setup.py nosetests
This command will also print the test coverage.