An unofficial elementary OS (Vala) oriented IDE.
- Complete Vala support (highlighting, symbol previewing, live error reporting)
- Build system (CMake, Make)
- Editor Split View
- Symbol tree
- Auto-fetching build system options
- elementary OS specific features (debian packaging, publishing to AppCenter)
At this moment there is no repository for easy installation, you will need to compile this project on your own. Here are 3 steps which will guide you through the compiling process:
1. Installing dependencies:
These are the required dependencies in order to build elementary IDE:
If you are on elementary OS (Loki) you can install them all with this command:
sudo apt install libgranite-dev libgtksourceview-3.0-dev libvala-0.34-dev libvte-2.91-dev libjson-glib-dev libgee-0.8-dev libvaladoc-dev
If you are on Ubuntu-based (only >= 16.04) system you will need additional repositories to install all needed dependenices (untested):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:elementary-os/stable sudo add-apt-repository ppa:elementary-os/os-patches sudo apt update
And then follow the previous elementary OS (Loki) instructions.
2. The actual compiling:
- Clone this repository or download and unpack it.
- Open a terminal and
cdinto the root of this project.
- Execute these commands in the following order:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr make
3. Installing & running the project:
- Once you've done step 2, without closing the terminal, install elementary IDE by executing this command:
sudo make install
- The application entry should appear in the applications menu, if you want to debug the app the executable name is
- The end!