RailStrap is a Front-end / Back-end template using HTML5 Boilerplate, Twitter Bootstrap and Ruby on Rails (3.2.x) with an powerful authentication system for building ruby on rails websites in seconds.
Clone the git repo -
git clone https://github.com/hugodias/railStrap.git - or download it
Execute rake to create the users database
if you are having getting the following error:
You have already activated rake 0.9.2.2, but your Gemfile requires rake 0.8.7. Using bundle exec may solve this. try this
bundle exec rake db:migrate
Now start the server in your railStrap folder
Check at http://localhost:3000
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- CSS normalizations and common bug fixes.
- IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
- A default print stylesheet, performance optimized.
- Mobile browser optimizations.
- Protection against any stray
- The latest jQuery via CDN, with a local fallback.
- A custom Modernizr build for feature detection.
- An optimized Google Analytics snippet.
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance.
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
- Built for and by nerds
- 12-column grid
- Responsive design
- Custom jQuery plugins
- Security Authentication system
- Users CRUD
Change the cookie secret token at
# Be sure to restart your server when you modify this file. # Your secret key for verifying the integrity of signed cookies. # If you change this key, all old signed cookies will become invalid! # Make sure the secret is at least 30 characters and all random, # no regular words or you'll be exposed to dictionary attacks. RailStrap::Application.config.secret_token = 'YOUR-NEW-TOKEN-HERE'
Thanks pringles for the tip
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- Modernizr: MIT/BSD license
- Normalize.css: Public Domain
- Twitter bootstrap: Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")
- Ruby on Rails: MIT license
The Unlicense (aka: public domain)