Lightning talk - Some cool tools
- I recently changed jobs, in the process I discovered a few new tools
- Easy to use crypto commands (cf. GPG)
- Saltpack (NaCl + MessagePack)
- Integrated with social media
- Not optimaised for perfromance
- Under heavy developement (go)
- Uses FUSE
- Public, Private and Team folders
- Use case, tansfering and syncing files between machines
- Use case, sharing secrets with others
Private git repos
- Is a git remote helper
- Use case is private git repos you want on more than one machine
- Ack style grep utility
- Fast for ack use cases (filtering then grepping in a large repo)
- Fast for grep use cases (searching for pattern in large file or many files)
- Written in rust
- Faster than silversurfer (ag)
- Pathogen makes it super easy to install plugins and runtime files in their own private directories.
Vim Airline Tabline extension
- Airline is a statusline plugin for vim similar to powerline
- Tabline is an Airline extension for showing tabs and buffers
- If you are using vim tabs then switch now!
- A terminal recorder that records and plays back terminal sessions.
- Uses a pseudoterminal
- Inspired by script
- Running now
- Preview GitHub Markdown files locally before committing them.
- Uses GitHub markdown API to render locally
- Makes the html page available via an http server
- You can see how it will look in github/gitlab before pushing
- ncurses-based text-mode interface for git