Simple app to test android keystore wiping (for the now deprecated
Accompanies a blog post I have written
Steps to Test keystore behaviour
- Set device lock to none
- Install this app
- Generate Key
- Verify key can be read (should show green bg)
- Change System lock type - Note which lock type going from and to
- Open app and record findings i.e T = the key can be read (green bg) or F if the key cannot be loaded (red bg).
Repeat steps 3 to 6 switching between different device lock types.
Record them in using this markdown template. Please send a PR or create issue with details on https://github.com/doridori/doridori.github.io so that the test results can displayed on the blog post.
|to ↓ from >||NONE||PIN||PASS||PATTERN|
- Requires the device have a pin/password/pattern to be set. If you attempt to save a key with none as device lock an
llegalStateExceptionwill be thrown. Therefore the NONE column will be N/A when testing with
- Recommend uninstalling/resinstalling the app when switching between testing with/without