Python Docutils publishing
Work in progress.
- This would be not only a web-frontend for Docutils but also a document storage. Alas, there's still much to be done.
- Current focus is on restfull API, HTML UI stuff is mostly old. There is a pre 0.1 version API that is somewhat working. At this point, http://rst2a.com is a more viable alternative if you need a docutils web-service.
About this file
This is the main page for the project, source code available
bzr branch lp:new-lines
git clone git://github.com/dotmpe/Blue-Lines.git.
Blue Lines project brings Python docutils and Nabu data mining to the GAE platform.
This primary goal is to publish reStructuredText files to various formats, a service is similar to rst2a but with different focus. The secondary aims are building indices from Nabu extracted data, and to experiment with various aspects of Du.
The on-line features are under development, the current aims are:
- A multi-user document base with private and public classification, authorised by Google Accounts. Future enhancements could possibly include user-groups and a PGP trust network?
- Extraction and indexing of various data and microformats, such as references, contacts, book descriptions, etc.
- Linking to documents on the web or on Blue Lines, within ones own document base or someone elses. Verifying the integrity of these references.
- Backup and document processing using a to-be completed reStructuredText writer.
- read on .. (Here be dragons).
Nabu Xml-RPC compatibility has been suspended in favor of an RESTfull API.
Download the old client here.
- Script with WSGI Application hook for Google App-Engine.
- Maps requests to handler classes, runs all HTTP views among which legacy Nabu XMLRPC and the Blue Lines XMLRPC.
bl_lib.zipwhich packs up all libraries for convenient deployment. Dependencies are discussed below.
- The BL server facade, backward compatible with Nabu.
- Docutils transforms that are used to retrieve data entities from literal content.
- Data entities specific to GAE.
- Static documentation that goes with the source-code. Also used to bootstrap the application's web-frontend.
- Static templates and other media.
- Command-line scripts utilities.
All external libraries are packed into
lib/bl_lib.zip, available for download from Launchpad.
The Makefile in the lib directory does an half-hearted attempt to gather these
together, but will need to be adjusted per-host.
Libraries included into the ZIP archiver are:
- python-docutils (0.5)
- xmlrpcserver (0.99.2) http://www.julien-oster.de/projects/xmlrpcserver/
- roman.py (1.4)
- nabu (latest clone from mercurial branch + small patch) http://furius.ca/nabu
- docutils.mpe - dotmpe https://code.launchpad.net/~mpe/python-docutils/docutils.mpe
- bl_zipimport.py (slightly modified, might be absolete?)
TODO: Links to current design documents, future plans go here.
Launchpad provides the bug reporting and mailing list facilities. To get involved or if you need help, please subscribe there.
Any input is appreciated and it would be great to keep all efforts are bundled within one project, so please don't hesitate to vent your thoughts at the mailinglist.
TODO: establish HACKING guidelines.
|||Using ReStructuredText on App Engine|