.NET Core Runtime (CoreRT)
This repo contains the .NET Core runtime optimized for ahead of time compilation. The CoreRT compiler can compile a managed .NET Core application into a native (architecture specific) single-file executable that is easy to deploy. It can also produce standalone dynamic or static libraries that can be consumed by applications written in other programming languages. To learn more about CoreRT, see the intro document.
Try Our Samples
If you would like to give CoreRT a try, we publish daily snapshots of CoreRT to MyGet. Using CoreRT is as simple as adding a new package reference to your .NET Core project and publishing it. Check out one of our samples: a "Hello World" console app, a simple ASP.NET Core app, or a MonoGame game. The
README.md file in each sample's directory will guide you through the process step by step.
This is a work in progress. The current state of platform support:
- Windows, MacOS and Linux x64 w/ RyuJIT codegen: Simple apps. Check our ASP.NET Core and MonoGame samples.
- Linux ARM w/ RyuJIT codegen: ElmSharp Hello Tizen application (detailed status)
- CppCodeGen (targets all platforms that support C++): Simple C# programs. The big missing features are reflection, garbage collection and exception handling.
- WebAssembly: Early prototype that compiles and runs very trivial programs only. Many features are not yet implemented.
How to Engage, Contribute and Provide Feedback
Some of the best ways to contribute are to try things out, file bugs, and join in design conversations.
This project follows the .NET Core Contribution Guidelines.
Reporting security issues and security bugs
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately, via email, to the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) email@example.com. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message. Further information, including the MSRC PGP key, can be found in the Security TechCenter.
The CoreRT Repo is licensed under the MIT license.
CoreRT is a .NET Foundation project.
There are many .NET related projects on GitHub.
- The .NET home repo links to 100s of .NET projects, from Microsoft and the community.
- The ASP.NET home repo is the best place to start learning about ASP.NET Core.
|Ubuntu 14.04||Windows||Mac OS X|