.NET Data Lab
This repo is for experimentation and exploring new ideas involving ADO.NET, EF Core, and other areas related to .NET data.
SqlServer.Core (Project Woodstar)
Microsoft.Data.SqlClient is a fully-featured ADO.NET database provider for SQL Server. It supports a broad range of SQL Server features on both .NET Core and .NET Framework. However, it is also a large and old codebase with many complex interactions between its behaviors. This makes it difficult to investigate the potential gains that could be made using newer .NET Core features. Therefore, we are starting this experiment in collaboration with the community to determine what potential there is for a highly performant SQL Server driver for .NET.
Important! Investment in Microsoft.Data.SqlClient is not changing. It will continue to be the recommended way to connect to SQL Server and SQL Azure, both with and without EF Core. It will continue to support new SQL Server features as they are introduced.
This project is licensed under the MIT license.
This project is a part of the .NET Foundation.
Other .NET data projects on GitHub
If you're interested in making .NET data better, then consider contributing to one of the many open-source repos hosted on GitHub.
- .NET Runtime - ADO.NET lives here in the .NET BCL
- EF Core - Entity Framework Core (SQL Server/Sqlite/Cosmos) and Microsoft.Data.Sqlite
- Microsoft.Data.SqlClient (ADO.NET provider for SQL Server) - Microsoft.Data.SqlClient
- EF Core Power Tools
- Entity Framework Visual Designer
- Firebird .NET Data Provider
- Geco (Generator Console)
- LoreSoft's Entity Framework Core Generator
- MySqlConnector ADO.NET provider for MySQL
- nHydrate ORM for Entity Framework Core
- Npgsql ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
- Npgsql EF Core provider for PostgreSQL
- Pomelo EF Core provider for MySQL
Feel free to send a pull request to add your .NET data related GitHub repo to this list.