Please follow the below steps after publishing analyzer NuGet packages from this repo onto NuGet.org:
- Create a new release OR Update an existing draft release:
- Draft: Either click here to draft a new release OR update an existing draft release. For reference, you can look at any of the existing releases, say v2.9.3.
- Release notes: Follow the steps in the Steps to generate Release Notes below to generate Release notes and copy the generated notes to the description section of the new release.
- Publish: Mark the release as a pre-release if appropriate and click "Publish Release".
- Repo changes:
- Checkout a new branch from latest sources of release branch.
VERSIONING.md: Add a new row in the released version table.
.github\ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md: Update the package version in the example section to the latest released package version.
- Update the latest recommended analyzer package at
- Bump up the
VersionPrefix. If the new version prefix is greater then or equals the current
AnalyzerUtilitiesVersionPrefix, then update
MicrosoftCodeAnalysisFXCopAnalyersVersionto the latest released package version.
- Bump up the
- Build the repo by invoking
eng\common\CIBuild.cmdand fix/suppress any new CA diagnostics, as appropriate. This should also update the analyzer documentation files in the repo to use the new version prefix.
- Create and submit a PR with the above changes.
Steps to generate Release Notes
- Checkout the sources for the release branch locally. This would normally be the master branch.
- Ensure that nuget.exe is on path.
- Generate notes: Switch to the output directory, say
GenDiffNotes.cmdto generate release notes. Example command line for v2.9.4 to v2.9.5:
GenDiffNotes.cmd C:\scratch nuget.org 2.9.4 2.9.5.