Introducing Portable Class Libraries
A sample application demonstrating use of Portable Class Libraries in .NET 4.5
- You need Visual Studio Pro or higher for the Solution to load completely.
- Update the Connection string called 'CompanyEntities' to correct SQL Database. By default it is setup to connect to (localdb)\v11.0 that comes out of box with VS 2012.
- You need a database called Company in SQL Server instance pointed to by connection string in 2 above.
- Run the Company.edmx.sql on the above database to create the table required
- Sample Data is in dbo.EmployeeInfoes.data.sql file.
The code is explained in the article on DonNetCurry.com.