== TelAPI SMS Subscription Starter Kit ==
What is it?
The TelAPI SMS Subscription Starter Kit is a Ruby on Rails application that expedites the process of creating an SMS subscription service. A developer simply needs to clone this repo and follow the directions below. You'll have a working SMS subscription service up and running in no time :)
How It Works
1) Head over to TelAPI and signup for a TelAPI account: http://www.telapi.com
2) Purchase a TelAPI phone number through the TelAPI dashboard
3) Configure your TelAPI number's SMS Request URL to point to the following:
3) Clone this repo
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:dougiebuckets/TelAPI-SMS-Subscription-Starter-Kit.git
4) Open the SMS controller in app/controllers
5) Replace the 'telapi_number' variable with your recently purchased TelAPI number
telapi_number = "+15555555555"
6) Push this code to your server
7) Perform a migration to create the user's table on your server. The user's table has a 'numbers' column where your subscriber's phone numbers will be stored. Additional migrations can be used to add new columns for other user attributes.
$ rake db:migrate
8) Have a beer and celebrate