Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Home > Getting Started
- Assign the
Mass Action Adminpermission set to yourself
- Switch to Lightning Experience. Configuring this app in Classic is not supported. You do not have to roll out Lightning to your users, but as the admin configuring the tool you must do so in Lightning Experience.
- Create a list view or report that identifies the source records you want to process
- Create a supported action for Process Builder, Flow, Quick Action, Email Alert, Workflow Rule, or Apex class that you want to invoke on the source records
- Navigate to the
Mass Action Schedulerapp
- Click the
Mass Action Configurationstab then click
- Fill out the form, clicking
Nextto advance through the wizard
- Once saved, click the Run button to manually run your configuration
Next, check out the example walkthroughs to learn how to use the app and get inspired.
Identify the records you want to process with list views or tabular reports.
|Data Sources||When to Use|
|List Views||Simple filters. For up to 50 million records.|
|Reports||Complex filters like Cross Filters. For up to ~10 thousand records.|
|SOQL||You know exactly what you want to query and don't want to create a list view or report. For up to 50 million records.|
|Apex||Bring your own class that implements
Almost any process automation you configure can be scheduled.
|Process Builder||Processes that start when invoked by another process|
|Flows||Auto-launched flows (no screens). Any that can be called from Process Builder|
|Quick Actions||Create a Record, Update a Record, and Log a Call types|
|Workflow Rules||Active rules|
|Apex||Classes annotated with @InvocableMethod|