Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to Customize the Quick Edit Page Layout
Home > How to Customize the Quick Edit Page Layout
When viewing a Mass Action Configuration record's detail page, there is a Quick Edit button that brings up a simple form for editing fields like the name, batch size, and whether the configuration is active or not. This is handy when you want to edit a couple key fields without walking through the entire wizard.
NOTICE: The only fields that you should edit directly by the Quick Edit action are:
- Mass Action Configuration Name
- Mass Action Configuration Unique Name
- Batch Size
All other fields should be edited via the Configure tab to avoid causing errors or inability to run the configuration.
- From Setup, click Object Manager, then choose Mass Action Configuration.
- Click Buttons, Links, and Actions, then click Quick Edit.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Add or remove fields to the Quick Edit action's page layout, and then click Save.
NOTICE: Only add supported fields as listed at top of this page.
- Click Page Layouts, then click Mass Action Configuration Layout.
- Add the Quick Edit action to the Mass Action Configuration object's page layout in the "Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions" section, and then click Save.
- Navigate to a Mass Action Configuration record and click the Quick Edit button to confirm your changes. Note, because Lightning Experience caches the web page to improve performance, the page layout changes might not be immediately noticeable. If this is the case, please log out and log in to Salesforce to force the web page cache to be refreshed.