Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This one's a doozy.
Featuresclass has be dropped, and all related methods have been moved to
- The SCSS is now handled via Compass.
- Register custom columns for post types.
- Registering meta boxes now uses register_meta for protection/sanitizing purposes (you can now pass a
editGalleryfield types into single media field type (backwards compatible).
editor(TinyMCE basic mode) and
map(Google Maps with marker placement) field types.
the_head()Template method; print the entire head of the website, with options for analytics code, html5shiv, ajaxurl, favicon, viewport, on top of the usual
parent_filteringfeature; adds a posts filter to let you view pages (and other posts) belonging to a specific parent.
- Fields/Meta boxes now support
save_singleoption; can now store data as multiple entries rather than an array.
- Fields now support
defaultoption to set a default values.
- Select field now supports option groups.
- Repeater fields now support a simple template option.
do_quicktagshook method for setting up custom quicktags.
quickenqueuehook method for quick and easy script/style enqueueing.
- Usable in Setup args as
- Usable in Setup args as
edit_meta_boxhook method for editing the details of an existing metabox.
extra_editorhook method for setting up and printing out an additional editor on the edit post screen.
add_query_varhook method for registering up additional query vars.
- Conditional meta boxes, fields and enqueues.
- Numerous alias functions to various
- Enabling a custom QuickStart feature adds quickstart-* to the theme's support list.
qs_helper_get_indexfilter to change the resulting ID for
is_index_page()for index helper.
qs_helper_chunk_separatorfilter to change the separator used for the post_chunks helper (default is '')
- You can now pass a callback for metabox via
- Taxonomy filter now support hierarchical terms.
- Registering the same feature within multiple post types now works.
- Fixed sortability on multi-file fields.
get_post_thumbnail_url()to actually use the $post_id when calling
get_post_thumbnail_id()and added support for passing the post object
- The mimetype is now properly sanitized when being used for the class name on the media field.
- Improved handling of this[that] field names when saving.
- QuickStart features
parent_filteringnow support passing the post_type list directly.
index_pagefeature logic has been refined to setup the hooks once to cover all the post types registered for it. Also added filter for the archive page link.
- Registering a post with thumbnail support will ensure that the post-thumbnail theme support is enabled.
- Refined the printing of custom settings fields.
- Meta boxes will be preprocessed for certain instances (e.g. force simple mode on editor fields).
- Taxonomy filter dropdown will now appear for any taxonomy, including ones setup for attachments.
Smart_Plugincallback saving can handle multiple hook tags for a callback, and allows you to pass your own hook info instead of relying on defined options.
- Sortables like media and repeater now restyled to include a sort icon for easier usability.
index_pagefeature no longer works completely on 3.9 and below; the wp_title hook has been dropped in favour of exclusively using the new wp_title_parts filter.
- The addFile, setImage and editGallery field types are aliased to media and are considered deprecated.