This teaching kit contains a complete exercise book about many discrete optimisation topics:
- Julia programming
- mixed-integer linear optimisation:
- comparing formulations
- solving by branch and bound
- solving by cutting planes
- solving by Lagrangian relaxation
- combinatorial optimisation:
- dynamic algorithms
- constraint programming
- polynomially-solvable problems:
It is distributed as a LyX file (using branches to distinguish the exercises, hints for the students, and complete worked-out solutions), with figures (in the
book folder) and Julia source code (in the
examples_julia folder). Have a look at the current version!
How to contribute?
Any kind of contribution is welcome. For example:
- new exercises (at least including the final solution, preferrably completely worked out), both for existing and new topics
- new code examples (in Julia or any other programming language)
- rewording, links towards literature and other references
For now, the book is useable, but can be perfected in many places.
OptimisationTeachingKit (c) by Thibaut Cuvelier. It builds upon previous work by Sébastien Mathieu and Laurent Poirrier, albeit it has been greatly enhanced and rewritten since.
OptimisationTeachingKit is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You should have received a copy of the license along with this work. If not, see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.