puush universal client
About the project
This is a cross-platform mobile client application for the image sharing application, puush.
I wrote this because the original puush client for Apple iOS hasn't been updated to work on iOS 7 and has a number of issues.Also, I wanted to write a mobile app using Cordova/Phonegap and AngularJS.
Currently this project only targets iOS, however with minimal changes it should be portable to Android, Blackberry, and a whole bunch of other mobile platforms. Hence the "universal" client name.
To get started with this application, you will need a working Cordova/Phonegap installation - as well as any development tools for the platform you're working with. The best place for getting started here is the Cordova website.
Additionally you will need the
wkhtmltox tools installed on your system.
Once you have your development environment set up, you will need to run the
prepare.sh script. This will:
- Install the required plugins
- Render the splash screen
screen.htmlat all the required sizes
- Configure the platform configurations for the application
- Download third party assets locally (Angular, etc)
Thanks to the following people who helped, even if they don't know it!
- peppy - For enabling CORS support on the puush API which makes this entire idea possible (and, yknow... making and running puush for all these years)
- blha303 - For his reverse-engineered notes on the puush API
- westie - For his reverse-engineered notes on the puush API
The source code for this application is available under the MIT License. Please refer to the
LICENSE file for the full license text.