1) Added a new function merge(), example:
[% merge('A1:A2', "Merged content", "format" %]
2) Add support for an "autofilter" parameter in the JSON template which adds a filter dropdown to every column the given row (typically the specified row will be the headers).
add support for merging cells and adding autofilter to a row
remove data dumper
The merge helper function needs docs (the docs for it should go in Spreadsheet::Template::Processor::Xslate, but you'll also need to add it to the Pod::Coverage ignore list at the bottom of Spreadsheet::Template::Helpers::Xslate. Also, adding some tests for this behavior would be helpful.
As for the autofilter behavior, I think it should probably be named autofilter_row or something along those lines if it's not going to expose the full functionality (I've never used it, but the docs seem to indicate that it can work on two-dimensional ranges, like A1:D12).
documentation for merge helper function and added a test demonstratin…
support for full autofilter functionality
removed cpan stuff, fix two typos
1) Added documentation for merge() helper function
2) Created test demonstrating merge(). The logic is to create 4 columns with unique contents, merge the columns while inserting different content and then prove that the content has changed.
3) Support for full autofilter() functionality
These changes all look good, just a couple more issues:
One more thing - merge_range and merge_range_type allow using row and column indices as well as the A1:B2 notation, so there's no reason to not allow this here (since everywhere else in the data format uses row/column indices).
added autoformat and merge to data format documentation
merge now supports formulas, and adjusted test
modify docs around merge
use row and column numbers instead of range for merge function
fix to docs and removed output from test
1) Added merge and autofilter to documentation in Spreadsheet::Template.
2) Support for formulae in merge helper function. Switched to using merge_range_type instead of merge_range
3) Switched to accepting row and column indices instead of A1:B2 notation in merge helper function
fix up the merge and autofilter stuff (#1)
Okay, I merged this with some modifications (so you'll probably have to change your code a bit). Let me know if everything works, and I'll make a release.