RPIO is an advanced GPIO module for the Raspberry Pi.
- PWM via DMA (up to 1µs resolution)
- GPIO input and output (drop-in replacement for RPi.GPIO)
- GPIO interrupts (callbacks when events occur on input gpios)
- TCP socket interrupts (callbacks when tcp socket clients send data)
- Command-line tools
- Well documented, fast source code with minimal CPU usage
- Open source (LGPLv3+)
The easiest way to install/update RPIO on a Raspberry Pi is with either
$ sudo apt-get install python-setuptools $ sudo easy_install -U RPIO
After the installation you can use
import RPIO as well as the command-line tools
Debian packages are available at metachris.github.com/rpio/download.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details at <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0-standalone.html>
Copyright (C) 2013 Chris Hager <email@example.com>
- semver versioning standard
Please refer to the 'Changes' section in the documentation.