Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What does Mango do?
Mango processes ChIA-PET sequencing data (in fastq format) and determines statistically significant DNA-DNA interactions (loops) between pairs of genomic loci bound by the target protein. Mango performs the following five steps which can run all at once or one at a time:
- Linker parsing: finds and removes linker sequences.
- Read alignment: aligns reads to the genome using bowtie.
- PET filtering: removes reads potential due to PCR duplication and organizes reads into bedpe format.
- Peak calling: calls DNA binding peaks using MACS2.
- Interaction calling: expceted interaction frequecnies are modeled based-on both peak depths and distances between peaks and statistically significant deviations are reported as interactions.
A detailed description of this steps can be found here.