ASK Amy is a fun and easy to use framework for developing Alexa Skills. We hope you will like the design approaches we have taken to help simplify many of the complexities of developing Alexa Skills. The framework helps new skills developers with many sample applications that can be deployed in minutes and then modified to meet specific use cases. Advanced developers will find that although the framework provides many best practice patterns and guardrails the full Alex Request JSON is always available for interrogation for niche cases.
Ask Amy Features
- The Template Skill Code Generator creates a deploy-able skill template from an Alexa Intent Schema JSON file.
- A AWS CLI Wrapper simplifies Lambda function creation, deployment, and CloudWatch log file dumps.
- The No Code Persistence provides automatic saving and restoration of session state attributes across skill invocations.
- Multiple Data Scopes supports encapsulation of attributes at the Request, Intent, Session, and Application scopes which enhances data visibility and minimizes the use of session scope attributes when it is not required or desired.
- The JSON to Object Marshalling feature, automatically converts Alex JSON Events into Python Objects and Converts Python Reply Objects into Alex JSON format for return to the Alexa Service.
- The State Manager provides a simple yet powerful finite state machine that manages expected intents and required field processing.
- Numerous Sample Applications are provided, demonstrating Amazon's blueprint samples from their Java and Node.JS GitHub repos.
- Comprehensive Logging and log level throttling is provided to support development, debug, & production monitoring.