Cordova Plugin to automatically add WebP support for iOS web views. Works for images referenced in HTML, CSS, or JS, including ones packaged with the app and loaded from the device filesystem.
With the Cordova command-line tools:
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-webp
- v2.2.0 - Add support for
?cdvwebp=trueto force URL intercepting
- v2.1.0 - Add support for data URIs (<= iOS9 only)
- v2.0.0 - Updated to WebP 0.5.1, renamed to cordova-plugin-webp
- v1.2.0 - Updated to WebP 0.4.4
- v1.1.0 - Updated to WebP 0.4.3, published to npm
- v1.0.1 - Updated WebP.framework to support arm64
- v1.0.0 - Initial version, based on libwebp 0.4.2
This is largely a repackaging of work by Scott Talbot. You can find his original code at https://github.com/cysp/STWebPDecoder
The WebP.framework bundle was generated from
$ git submodule update --init $ cd libwebp $ ./iosbuild.sh $ rm -rf ../src/ios/WebP.framework $ cp -r ./WebP.framework ../src/ios/
Licensed under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0.