Sous vide BBQ pork ribs
My best barbecue ribs recipe
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- hickory liquid smoke
- BBQ sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, the oregano, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture on both sides of the ribs.
- Seal sous-vide, add 4 drops of liquid smoke to each pouch
- Cook sous-vide at 63 ° C for 20 hours.
- Remove pouches from sous vide and place in ice-water, cool until melted fat has solidified.
- Remove ribs from sous vide pouches and brush with BBQ sauce all over, wrap in foil.
- Continue brushing with sauce every 20 - 30 mins, ~4 times total.
- Grill on BBQ high heat until internal temperature exceeds 64 ° C. Continue to brush with BBQ sauce while grilling. A beautifully charred bark should develop.