Zucchini and Meatballs pasta bake
Delicious, cozy meatball dish.
- 500g lean ground beef
- 3 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery
- 300g closed cup mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 fresh chilli
- 250g dry farfalle pasta
- glug red wine
- 200g fresh cherry tomatoes
- 300g passata
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mince one clove of garlic and combine with the beef and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season generously.
- Roll the beef mixture into balls approx 1 inch in diameter
- Finely slice the remaining clove of garlic and fry in 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy oven proof dish until golden brown.
- Add the celery, roughly chopped and the meatballs and cook until thoroughly browned.
- Roughly chop the onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and two of the zucchini.
- Add the chopped onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Add the bell peppers and a glug of red wine. Stir.
- Add the dry pasta in a layer on top of the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the passata, ensuring that the pasta is completely covered - if more liquid required to cover, add a little water.
- Slice the remaining zucchini wafer thin and lay on top cover the mixture, brush with olive oil.
- Bake, lid off, in a 180 C / 350 F oven for 1 hour