Digital Preservation Services Collaborative
The digital preservation landscape is one comprised of a multitude of approaches and choices that vary widely in terms of purpose, scale, cost, and complexity. Beginning in 2017, a group of collaborating organizations united in the commitment to digital preservation have come together to explore how we can better communicate with each other and assist members of the wider community as they negotiate this changing and complicated landscape.
The initial group of contributing organizations:
- Academic Preservation Trust (APTrust)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Digital Preservation Network (DPN)
- Educopia/MetaArchive Cooperative
- Stanford University - LOCKSS
- Texas Digital Library (TDL)
- Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL)
In 2017 and 2018 this group drafted a Digital Preservation Declaration of Shared Values that seeks to capture the mission of our shared work and the values that govern that work.
Our work and thinking will evolve over time. We will strive to include stakeholders from all over the world and we invite those interested to join us in working together to preserve the collective human record. Contact our group to ask questions and/or participate.