Vetuvium is a toolkit to support View to View Model binding (MVVM -> V2VM -> Ve-Tu-Viem) aimed at offering a structure to get more re-usability out of ReactiveUI.
- To give a mechanism to reduce the amount of boiler plate code being produced, by allowing some of the ReactiveUI specific logic to be hidden away
- Allow the developer to think along the lines of standard behaviours for controls by offering a way to produce re-usable behaviours through a class and\or function design pattern
- Allow the developer to focus on what matters on the ViewModel
- Reduce the cognitive load by
- Removing the risk of misusing 1 way or 2 way binding
- Remove the need for the user to think about having to cater for Bind vs BindCommand
- Offer a structure that allows for more work to be done potentially with Source Generators to reduce reflection and improve the build time developer experience.
This is currently a proof of concept alpha. For understanding of the design reasoning please see https://www.dpvreony.com/articles/designing-vetuviem/
|Command Line Generation||Coming soon||Coming Soon|
|Visual Studio Integration||Vetuviem.SourceGenerator|
Currently to write binding logic in the codebehind you have to write something similar to this for a single control
But what if you have a way to simplify logic and offer a way to even make it reusable without all the boilerplate leg work?