pandaSDMX: Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange
pandaSDMX is an Apache 2.0-licensed Python package that implements SDMX 2.1 (ISO 17369:2013), a format for exchange of statistical data and metadata used by national statistical agencies, central banks, and international organisations.
pandaSDMX can be used to:
- explore the data available from data providers such as the World Bank, ILO, BIS, ECB, Eurostat, OECD, UNICEF and United Nations;
- parse data and metadata in SDMX-ML (XML) or SDMX-JSON formats—either:
- from local and remote files, or
- retrieved from pandasdmx web services, with query validation and caching;
- convert data and metadata into pandas objects, for use with the analysis, plotting, and other tools in the Python data science ecosystem;
- apply the SDMX Information Model to your own data;
…and much more.
- stable: https://pandasdmx.readthedocs.io/
- latest: https://pandasdmx.readthedocs.io/en/latest or
- v0.9: https://pandasdmx.readthedocs.io/en/v0.9 for the 0.9 release.
Copyright 2014–2020, pandaSDMX developers
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use these files except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License:
- from the file LICENSE included with the source code, or
- at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
pandaSDMX contains code from SDMX1 which is itself a fork of pandaSDMX.