F.E.E.L. (FrontEnd - Emulator Launcher)
Official web site: http://feelfrontend.altervista.org
Graphic frontend for retrogaming PCs (mame-cabinets, bartop, etc.) with animations, snap/videosnap management, customizable skins and configurable for infinite emulators and game lists and statistics controlled by arcade sticks, spinner, trackball, etc.
Provides support for horizontal and vertical screens (15/31khz, CRT/LCD) and LCD button dashboards through SmartASD card (http://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?t=20198).
Totally written in c# using
- Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 (VS 2008 EE+)
- Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.1
- SharpDx https://github.com/sharpdx/SharpDX
- SmartASD libs
- other smaller libs
This sw stack allows execution on almost any Windows PC, from oldest "usable" ones (say WinXP) to newest. HW requirements are minimal (Intel P4 or similar, with even very old video cards, are adequate).
Steps for building:
- install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (it's usually on board on all recent Win OSes: please refer to specific doc)
- install Microsoft Visual C# Express 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7729278) or greater
- install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.1 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39)
- start VC2008 and create a new empty project
- clone FEEL repository inside project's root directory
- add FEEL project using "Add.. Existing project" and selecting Feel.csproj
- build project either in Debug or Release mode
- copy all items in _init_files_ (changelog, config, data, layouts...) into bin\x86\[Debug|Release] directory
Now you're ready to run the frontend.
Copyright (C) 2018 Maurizio Montel
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.