- Virtual folders: support extended to all storage backends. For example, you can define a local user with an S3 based virtual folder or vice versa.
- Data providers: CockroachDB, a distributed SQL database, is now supported to simplify high availability configurations.
- Web client UI: SFTPGo users can now browse and download their files and change their credentials.
- SFTPGo users: you can authenticate some users using your external authentication hook and others using the defined data provider. For example, you can use external LDAP users and internal users within the same SFTPGo instance.
- Hooks: added startup, pre-download, pre-upload.
- Per-protocol rate limiting.
- Setup: the first admin user will be created using a setup web UI by default. You can still configure auto-creation.
- Bcrypt is now the default password hashing algorithm. Argon2id is supported and configurable.
- FTP/WebDAV: improve TLS client certificate authentication, the TLS certificate common name can now be used as username.
- Several other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Backward incompatible changes:
- An empty response from the external authentication hook was interpreted as an authentication error in v2.0.x., now SFTPGo will try to fall back to an internal user, if any.
- The backup/dump format is not backward compatible, please make a new backup/dump after upgrading.
If you are upgrading from an old version please make sure to adapt your configuration file.