This is a quick project for me to play around with a few rails technologies on the side. The premise of the application is simple:
- I have a friend who likes movies but has not seem a lot of movies
- I want my friends to log in to this application via facebook and recommend movies
- Movie recommendations will be brought in via IMDB
- The friends will be able to vote up or down a recommended movie
- Each week my friend will watch the movie at the top of his list and mark it off.
Easy peasy right?
Here's some other features that I may put in(just to have an excuse to try it):
- Backbone JS for the voting and the marking a movie as watched
- Ability for users to be notified of the "Friends" review of the movie after he watches it
- Ability to comment on recommendations when voting
- Ranking of votes(ie. If user a has voted a movie up and that the primary friend recommends, then his "votes" will count for more in the future)
There is a rake task app:dev:prime which will set up development data to play around with