WinMasto is a UWP client for Mastodon, a GNU social-compatible federated social network. You can learn more about Mastodon here. The goal of this project is to create a simple, elegant, Mastodon client that doesn't try to stuff as many power user features in as possible.
- Background Task support, including Live Tiles and Toasts
- Most major Mastodon functions should be working, including:
- Posting, including setting visibility and content warnings and attaching images
- Boosting and favoriting posts
- Following and unfollowing
- Home, Local, and Federated timelines
- Dark and light themes
I'm working on more features, such as
- Push Notifications
- Fixing the bugs that are probably on the top list
- Tweaking the UI
- And more
Open a GitHub issue for bugs, feature requests, etc. I work on this app in my spare time, so I may not be able to fix or add new features, but if anyone else wants to help out, you can send a pull request, and I'll be happy to look at it.
To build WinMasto, you'll need:
- Windows 10 (1703, AKA Redstone 2, AKA Creators Update)
- Visual Studio 2017
Pull down the Mastonet submodule, open the WinMasto solution, and you should be able just to build it.