Using the Android Things Kit to create "Google Assistant Show," a touch screen interface for Google Assistant.
This project uses the following components:
- NXP i.MX7D Starter Kit
- Mini USB Microphone
- Speaker with 3.5 mm audio jack
- Note: The NXP i.MX7D Starter Kit does not have USB audio support. See this page for more info.
See this section on how to create the credentials for the Google Assistant API using a Python environment.
This project uses several files (
.java) and a module (
grpc) from the androidthings/sample-googleassistant repository:
. +-- app │ +-- ... │ +-- src/main/java/com/drejkim/androidthings/googleassistantshow │ +-- BoardDefaults.java │ +-- Credentials.java │ +-- EmbeddedAssistant.java │ +-- ... | +-- ... +-- grpc +-- ...
These files make it easier to interface with the board and the Google Assistant API.
Running the project
- Open Android Studio and choose Import project from the welcome screen.
- Navigate to this project's directory.
- Click Open. The project will take a few moments to import and build.
- Select Run → Run 'app' from the menu, or click the Run icon in the toolbar.