Clone this wiki locally
ore ===crushing===> powder + fuel ===refining===> bullion + fuel ===casting===> ingots
iron bullion/ingot + flux + fuel ======> steel
2+ bullions/ingots + fuel ==alloying==> alloy
- iron/cast iron/wrought iron
- Quicksilver: "To produce liquid (quicksilver) mercury, crushed cinnabar ore is roasted in rotary furnaces. Pure mercury separates from sulfur in this process and easily evaporates. A condensing column is used to collect the liquid metal, which is most often shipped in iron flasks."
- electrum = silver + gold
- bronze = 0.9 copper + 0.1 tin
- pewter = 0.85 tin + 0.15 lead
- brass = 0.66 copper + 0.33 zinc
- steel = processed iron + flux
- cold iron = iron + magical cold material?
Hardness? Ductility Malleability