Ftang! is a music player that runs in your web browser.
My fork runs on redis for music collection indexing and session persistence.
As well, websockets are in the works for multi-user playlist sessions.
- gems: rack, sinatra, thin, pow, haml, json, redis, bundler
- modern web browser (tested against recent firefox, chrome, and safari builds)
- enough storage space to host your music collection
git clone git://github.com/gzuki/ftang.git && cd ftang bundle install ./ftang
By default Ftang! looks for your music at public/music.
If you use iTunes then setup is very simple as you can sym-link to your iTunes music directory.
To sym-link your iTunes directory on OS X, execute the following commands from inside the ftang folder:
ln -s ~/Music/iTunes\ Music/ music
- HTML5 storage for playlist
- multi-user playlist sessions
- interface enhancements (drag and drop)
- shuffle playlist
email email@example.com with suggestions