Repo for the ionicframework.com site. To preview local Ionic changes, follow the instructions at the Ionic repo.
gulp watch uses LiveReload. You may have to up your max file limit with the following command:
ulimit -n 7000
- Install jekyll (may require sudo):
gem install jekyll
Ionic v1 and v2 now automatically deploy their changes to an Ionic staging server. Ionic team members are given permission to the staging and production servers in Heroku. V1 and V2 docs changes go as follows:
- Change the content of the docs as necessary.
- Optionally preview the changes by running
gulp docsin the Ionic v1/2 repo, and
gulp watchin ionic site, which should be a sibling directory of the
- Commit and push changes
- Sit back. The Ionic v1 CI tasks and the Ionic v2 CI tasks will generate the new docs and push them to the
ionic-siteCI tasks will then build them and automatically deploy them to the staging server.
- Preview changes on the staging server and promote the changes to production if all looks well. Be sure to give the site a quick look over to make sure things look good.
Third Party Libraries
3rd part libraries should be concatonated in to the site bundle by adding them via package.json and specifying what files to include in the
Install heroku-toolbelt or with homebrew
brew install heroku-toolbelt
heroku plugins:install heroku-pipelines
Then log into heroku
heroku login # enter your email and password when promted
Then add the heroku remotes
git remote add production https://git.heroku.com/ionic-site.git
git remote add staging firstname.lastname@example.org:ionic-site-staging.git
- Make your changes
git push origin master
- View the staging server at http://ionic-site-staging.herokuapp.com/
- Promote the staging server to production
heroku pipelines:promote -r staging
- Watch the build server at https://circleci.com/gh/driftyco/ionic-site
- Follow @ionicframework on Twitter.
- Subscribe to the Ionic Newsletter.
- Have a question that's not a feature request or bug report? Discuss on the Ionic Forum.
- Read our Blog.
- Have a feature request or find a bug? Submit an issue.