node-XMLHttpRequest is a wrapper for the built-in http client to emulate the browser XMLHttpRequest object.
This can be used with JS designed for browsers to improve reuse of code and allow the use of existing libraries.
Here's how to include the module in your project and use as the browser-based XHR object.
var XMLHttpRequest = require("XMLHttpRequest").XMLHttpRequest; var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
Refer to W3C specs for XHR methods.
- Async and synchronous requests
- GET, POST, and PUT requests
- All native methods (open, send, abort, getRequestHeader, getAllRequestHeaders)
- Requests to all domains
- Add basic authentication
- Additional unit tests
- Possibly move from http to tcp for more flexibility
- DELETE requests aren't working
- XML parsing