A list of resources for UK charities who want to see how the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will impact them, and what they need to do.
GDPR will take effect from 25 May 2018.
Additions and changes to the list are welcome - just comment, tweet @kanedr or submit a pull request. Particularly interested in upcoming events.
The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
- GDPR 12 steps to take now [PDF]
- Guide to GDPR (general)
- Getting ready for GDPR checklist
- Charity pages
- Charity FAQs
- International Transfers
- Helpline for small organisations
- Charity Commission Northern Ireland - Is your charity ready for GDPR?
- Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) - FAQs for charities
- OSCR - GDPR Overview
- Fundraising Regulator - changes to code based on GDPR
- Charity Commission - CC news issue 58
- Department for Education - privacy notices
- NCVO - understanding GDPR
- KnowHowNonProfit (NCVO) - how to prepare for GDPR
- CFG - GDPR a guide for charities
- Institute of Fundraising - get ready for GDPR
- Institute of Fundraising - guide to propsect research
- DSC - how will GDPR affect your charity
- ACF - GDPR resources [member-only]
- Small Charities Coalition - GDPR
- Thrive - cultural sector GDPR resources
- NICVA - Data Protection Toolkit
- Russell-Cooke Solicitors - get in shape for GDPR
- Guardian Voluntary Sector Network - how charities should prepare for data protection changes
- CAN - why charities need to prepare for GDPR
- ICAEW - GDPR implications for charities
- Birketts - Fundraising and data protection laws are changing – is your charity ready?
- Justgiving - 4 lessons for charities as we prepare for GDPR
- fundraising.co.uk - search for GDPR
- IF - designing for new digital rights
- Quakers - data safety for meetings
- fundraising.co.uk - GDPR playlist