Games Being Played Now
- Marquess of Notoriety Demo
- Symphonic Rain (VN) (on hold)
- Deus Ex 1
- Disgaea 5
'Free' games (mostly for PC):
Will add links later. For now, use google. Games are vaguely ordered in how much they are worth your time.
Juniper's Knot (Steam Page) - Highly Recommended
- A short, English visual novel. Can finish in one sitting (20-40mins? not sure how long). Should be played in the middle of the night with the lights off with decent headphones/speakers (it's NOT a horror game - this is just for setting the atmosphere). For PC AND iOS!
- Non-steam download page
Cave Story - Highly Recommended
- Platformer with similar game mechanics to Metroid (or so I hear). I really enjoyed this game. After you have finished it, read a guide for extras/easter eggs
- There is a version on Switch/Steam with upgraded graphics, but many prefer the original free version. The steam version is here (not free!)
Mother 3 - Highly Recommended
- Give it a go, even if you don't usually play RPGs (I usually don't, but I still enjoyed this game immensely). Technically, this game is not free.
- Old shoot'em up, now free due the original licences being nice. Google OpenTyrian for downloads - no need to run on dosbox since it was ported to x86
- Rhythm game (basically Elite Beat Agents), very fun as no thinking is required. May injure your wrist if you play using a mouse. my osu! page
- If you experience visual lag on Intel integrated graphics, disable Speedstep (ie make your CPU run at max clock speed constantly)!
Ib - Highly Recommended
- a horror/puzzle game. Better described at the english translation website. I suggest using a walkthrough after you have finished it once to see what you missed/didn't miss or if you get stuck. Now that I think about it, it was quite beautiful.
Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle Moderately Recommended
- "Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is a "sprite opera" made by Saint Bomber in RPG Maker 2003."
- When you get stuck (believe me, you will), you can use this Google Doc Walkthrough
Phoenix Wright Series (GBA/NDS)
- really liked the first game - Recommended
Zero Escape Series (PC, NDS) - Recommended
- One of my favorite game series. Some of my grips have been fixed in the recent steam release of the first two games.
- Note that the third game in the series is very different to the first two games. Would reccomend you try the first two games first.
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (NDS, iOS) - Recommended
- fun game with a nice story (by the same director as phoenix wright)
Ever17: the out of infinity (pc , psp, ps2, dreamcast, xbox360 (remake)...) - Recommended, with guide
- if you enjoy sci-fi and not so straightforward stories, you should play this game. if you get stuck while playing it, ask me and i'll be your mentor (lol)
- strongly suggest you use a walkthrough if you get stuck. GameFAQ has a fairly good 'no spoiler' walkthough.
- the game is no longer sold, so you will need to obtain it by other means...
- would not suggest to people who are new to general science fiction themes/ideas as it may be....confusing
- This is just one game in the 'infinity' series: "Never 7: The End of Infinity,Remember 11: The Age of Infinity, 12Riven ―the Ψcliminal of integral―, and Code_18" -from wikipedia
Planescape: Torment (PC) - Hightly Recommended. There is one point you can get stuck in this game...if you get stuck, look it up.
- NOTE before buying: Read the comments section of the GOG page. Probably still worth buying, especially when it is on sale.
- One of my favorite pieces of media, however it's due to the overall presentation of the game story, world, etc, not because of the gameplay of the game.
- ask someone about the game. there are many small things which do not spoil anything and do not detract from the game's experience but will help you play the game
- If you are the type to just finish a game quickly and not read any of the text...don't play this game
- Do all the quests you can find, talk to every major NPC. Save often. Sometimes you might not be able to go back.
- Supposedly there is a 'upgraded' version on GOG, but I hear it has some bugs. Look into this before buying it.
- There is a sequel called 'Torment: Tides of Numenera'. While still good, I don't think it is as good as the first game.
- Very long, definitely only consider this if you are willing to commit to it
- Personally I feel like I enjoyed the first (1-4) more than the second(5-8), although both are still great
- There are mods which add voice acting, upgraded sprites and backgrounds ported from the PS3 game
- The 07th mod patched version patches the MG release to add in as much as is feasible with the MG engine
- The Umineko Project version is (kind of) a script interpreter for the PS3 game, so it's much closer to PS3 game. This mod is harder to obtain, and the Answer arcs aren't fully complete yet (as of 2018)
- You might find some older 'umitweak' releases floating around - these patched the original game which only ran at 640x480 resolution.
Antichamber - Recommended
- First person mind bending puzzle game. Often on sale on steam.
Finding Paradise - Recommended
- Sequel to 'To the Moon'. Definitely worth a look if you played the first game.
- "A story-driven experience about two doctors traversing through a dying man's memories to artificially fulfill his last wish"
- I recommend this to pretty much everyone. Mainly a story driven experience.
Games Played (date order)
Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle
Ori and the Blind Forest
VA-11 Hall-A KIDS!
- Muv-Luv Extra
- Muv-Luv Alternative
- Muv-Luv Altered Fable
- The Eden of Grisaia
- The Labarynth of Grisaia
- The Fruit of Grisaia Grisaia no Kaijutsu
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartending Action
- Fault Milestone One
- Fault Milestone Two: Side Above
The Talos Principle
Zero Escape - Zero Time Dilemma
Zero Escape - Virtue's last reward
The Room Series:
- The Room
- The Room Two
- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
- Love at First Sight
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Root Double - Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
- Fallout 4
- Mirror's Edge
- Torment: Tides of Numenera
- Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Chiru
- Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
- I/O Revision II
- Hate Plus (sequel to Analogue: a hate story)
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Mad Father :-( give it not good/10
- Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
- Ib (again, there was some new content in the 1.04 version)
- Sleeping Dogs
- Little Inferno
- Hotline Miami
- no one has to die (free, play in browser)
- Tomb Raider
- StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
- Disgaea 2
- Beyond good and evil
- Planescape Torment
- Phoenix Wright 1
- Zero Escape - 999: Nine hours, Nine doors, Nine persons
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
- Remember 11: The Age of Infinity (didn't like as much as ever17)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (mostly finished)
- Analogue: A Hate Story
- Katawa Shoujo
- don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story
- The Reject Demon: Toko Chapter 0 - Prelude
- To the Moon
- Portal 2
- yume nikki (on hold)