DronaHQ SDK Overview
The DronaHQ SDK comprises of two major segments. Each segment contains powerful resources to help you build engaging applications on the DronaHQ platform.
The Device APIs portion of the SDK provides a set of APIs that allow micro-apps to interact with the DronaHQ Client Container App as well as the device hardware features such as Camera, File System, etc.
Following Device APIs allow micro-apps to interact with the DronaHQ Client Container App:
- User - allows micro-apps to get the profile of the user currently logged into a Client App.
- Notification - allows a micro-apps to access push notifications received by the Client App.
- App - allows micro-apps to interact with their own instance.
- Sync - allows micro-apps to submit data in background by leveraging offline data upload capability of the Client App.
- KVStore - allows micro-apps to leverage the secure local key-value storage of the Client App as an alternative to the HTML5 local-storage.
- SQLite - provides native interface to SQLite Cordova plugin for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone, with APIs similar to HTML5 or Web SQL.
Following Device APIs allow micro-apps to access device hardware via the Cordova plugins integrated into our Client App:
- Camera - defines a global
navigator.cameraobject, which provides an API for taking pictures and for choosing images from the device's image library.
- File - implements a File API allowing read/write access to files residing on the device.
- FileTransfer - allows download and upload of files to and from the device.
- In App Browser - provides a web browser view using
If you need to use a Cordova plugin outside the above list for your micro-apps, please contact our sales team, and we will be happy to assist.
The REST APIs portion of the DronaHQ help micro-apps to interact with the DronaHQ platform for features such as getting user list, sending notifications, etc. DronaHQ makes sure that all HTTP request to the REST APIs are authenticated via a token key which is either scoped to a channel/account or to a particular micro-app. To generate and learn more about the scope of a token key, read our authentication guide.
The REST APIs allow the following actions:
- Get Users - can be used by micro-apps to get a list of users for the given token key, ordered chronologically.
- Get User - can be used by micro-apps to get the user object for a provided user id or email.
- Create Users - can be used by micro-apps to create users with pre-registered password and pre-assigned groups based on the scope of a token key.
- Assign group(s) to a user - can be used by micro-apps to assign a list of group to a user, and also removes a list of group for a user based on the scope of the token key.
- Put user(s) to a group - can be used by micro-apps to assign a list of users to a group, and also remove a list of users from a group based on the scope of a token key.
- Activate Users - can be used by micro-apps to activate users based on the scope of the token key.
- Deactivate Users - can be used by micro-apps to delete users based on the scope of the token key.
- Send Notification - can be used by micro-apps to send notifications to one or more users.
- Delete Notification - can be used by micro-apps to delete notifications on the basis of notification id and content id.