A .NET SDK for integrating with the Dropbox API v2.
- .NET Framework 4+
- Windows Store Apps
- Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 Apps
- Silverlight 5.0
- .NET Standard 2.0+
- .NET Standard 1.x (Note: If you are using project.json, you need to add
portable-net45+win8to imports under you frameworks section. If you are using .csproj file, you need to add
<PackageTargetFallback>portable-net45+win8</PackageTargetFallback>element to your project.)
To get started with Dropbox.NET, we recommend you add it to your project using NuGet.
Dropbox.Api, run the following command in the Package Manager Console:
PM> Install-Package Dropbox.Api
Creating an application
You need to create an Dropbox Application to make API requests.
Obtaining an access token
All requests need to be made with an OAuth 2 access token. To get started, once you've created an app, you can go to the app's console and generate an access token for your own Dropbox account.
You can also view our OAuth guide
Several examples can be found in the examples directory:
- SimpleBlogDemo — An ASP.NET MVC application that creates a simple blogging platform, this shows how to upload and download files.
- SimpleBusinessDashboard — An ASP.NET MVC application that creates a simple business dashboard, showcasing the Dropbox Business endpoints.
- SimpleTest — A windows console application that demonstrates basic use of the SDK; this also contains code that connects with OAuth2 using WPF.
- UniversalDemo — A slide show app for both Windows Store and Windows Phone 8.1
You can find out more details in the full documentation for the Dropbox.NET SDK.
Building from source
You can also build the SDK or create local nuget package from source code directly.
- Visual Studio 2013 or above.
- Python 2.7 or above.
- [Optional] Sandcastle Help File Builder installed (https://github.com/EWSoftware/SHFB/releases). This is only required for doc generation.
- [Optional] Visual Studio 2017 or above. This is required to generate .NET Standard package
Clone the repository and update submodules.
git clone https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet.git cd dropbox-sdk-dotnet git submodule init git submodule update # also do this after every "git checkout" and "git pull"
Install stone and its dependencies by running
cd stone python setup.py install
Generate latest source code
generate.pyscript to generate class for latest data types. This will also generate all csproj files.
Open up the
Dropbox.Api.slnin Visual Studio and run the included examples as a sanity check.
Create nuget package (This needs to be done on Windows)
- Edit buildall.ps1 and update major version, release version and release notes.
- In Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt run
A .nukpg file will be generated in
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File buildall.ps1 -testSettings <PATH_TO_TEST_SETTINGS>
Dropbox.Apidirectory. Checkout here for the format of test settings file.
- In Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt, run
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File buildall.ps1 -testSettings <PATH_TO_TEST_SETTINGS> -doc