* Fix#775 - Slf4j Reporter: log the metric type using slf4j parameter
(cherry picked from commit 1c23ae5)
* #783 - Report HealthCheck as unhealthy on exception
(cherry picked from commit 30586c3)
* Added MemoryPool collection usage gauge
(cherry picked from commit 2c47f85)
(cherry picked from commit 991fa8d)
* Add support for async servlet to metrics-servlet
The requests timer and the activeRequests counter now properly observe the entire processing time. Use meters separate from the response code meters for timeouts and errors since the code isn't representative (i.e. 200) for these situations.
(cherry picked from commit 6e9d357)
* Fixed an issue that not all memory pools support collection usage statistics
e.g. Code Cache, Meta Space in Java 8, this was resulting a NullPointerException when trying to access the used-after-gc gauge. Pools that don't support collection
usage statistics will skip this metric.
(cherry picked from commit d416365)
* Opt-in default shared registry
(cherry picked from commit 83fe8d3)
* Use same string instance for rateUnit across all instances that have the same TimeUnit.
(cherry picked from commit f8639b8)
* use String.intern instead of our own map
(cherry picked from commit 716824a)
(cherry picked from commit 524bb6b)
* Add support for patterns in MBean object names
If the object name is a pattern, perform a query for matching object
names and return the value of the given attribute if the pattern yields
a unique match. If the match is ambiguous, return null to avoid
returning the value from a wrong match.
The object name of an MBean consists of a domain part and a list of
key/value pairs that together form a unique identifier. The values,
however, often depend on current configuration parameters (i.e. the
hostname). By using an object name pattern it is possible to avoid the
need of considering configuration parameters when passing the object
name to the JmxAttributeGauge.
(cherry picked from commit 509d120)
* Added method to set existing registry as the default
(cherry picked from commit 51eebc0)
* Allow a pluggable strategy for the name of the CSV files that the CsvReporter uses
(cherry picked from commit 228d097)
* Thread name should be quoted (as jstack does)
* Add basic sanitization for default CsvFileProvider
The current sanitization offered by the default CsvFileProvider does nothing.
Although this may be acceptable in most cases there are some known bad filename chars that we can restrict that cover
99% of the dropwizard user base (windows, unix, linux).
The forward slash '/' is illegal in all three OS and should be at a minimum sanitizied. The forward slash is a common
character in metric names if people are constructing metric names from URIs.
(cherry picked from commit e5e7da8)
* Export boolean values to graphite as 1/0
(cherry picked from commit 50ac265)