Web interface for Microsoft DNS
Project needs a developer and hopefully a designer to take it under their wings, most features are not production ready and were barely tested
Web interface for managing Microsoft DNS, written in C#, MVC and WMI.
DNSManagement wrapper supports most DNS features, Web interface supports most of what is possible through the MMC snap-ins.
- Show EventLog
- Audit Log
- New/Edit/Delete forward lookup zones.
- New/Edit/Delete resource records.
- View reverse lookup zones.
- Able to limit access only to specific servers via configuration.
- Log event types (Unauthorized access/Login/View/Change/Show logs)
- Log media types (DB/File), only DB shows in the interface.
- Log records limit.
- HTTPs only (feature untested, configurable).
- DNSManagement - LGPL licensed - C# Wrapper for most MicrosoftDNS namespace objects.
- Heijden.DNS - CPOL licensed - full implementation of DNS lookup/DIG.
- MSDNSWebAdmin - GPL licensed - Web interface.
- Heijden.DNS - by Alphons van der Heijden.
- Images/Icons - iconfinder.com/iconarchive.com
- SIG RR not implemented, suspected no implementation in WMI.
- SOA Modify is changing the record, but when the changes take effect is unpredictable/unknown to me.
- WKS Modify is not working properly.
- Zone ChangeType is inconsistent, better to delete and create a new zone.
- Active Directory options and features were not tested, perhaps in the future.
- NXT RR not implemented, suspected no implementation in WMI.
- KEY RR not implemented, suspected no implementation in WMI.
Programmed by Dror Gluska.